DIY Doctor

Compression on Flexi and Can Someone Help me With Which nuts to undo Here?

Postby stuartb3502 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Basic question with I’m sure a simple answer. Trying to just take basin off to do some decoration. Have isolated water on this angled isolator, but I’m a bit stuck with what I’m looking at. Looks like the flexitail has a compression fitting on the end, but looks like the angled isolator has one as well. Presumably some sort of adapter in here. Not sure what I can undo. Compression fitting nut on flexitail seems to be backed off already against its static nut.

Thanks very much for any pointers.
Attachments
image2.jpg
stuartb3502

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stuartb3502 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:19 am

OK - so realised that it was back to back compression joints on a short length of pipe. Looked like there wasn't space to back the nuts off in the logical direction, but they did undo OK. Thanks to all who took a look at this even if you weren't able to assist.
stuartb3502

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!