Concrete base for under a trapmoline
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tom Evans
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete base for under a trapmoline

by Tom Evans » Thu May 15, 2008 3:11 pm

All,

I need to lay a concrete slab so that the 12ft trampoline in the garden is level. HOwever this is my first attempt at anything like this.

At the moment it is just sitting on soil butI can see this sinking in the wet weather so want to lay a concrete base for this but am unsure if concrete can just be poured on top of soil and how deep it would need to be.

Also if it would need to be a certian type of mix.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:08 pm

I'd be tempted to lay a slab at each point where the trampoline base requires support as it will take less time, involve less digging and will require less effort to remove when you're kids have gotten bored with the trampoline.

Obviously you'll need to make sure that all the slabs are level with each other when laying them but IMO it would be less hassel than laying a concrete base.

If you do want to lay a base then I would say you'd want to dig a pit down for a few inches, even better would be to go down further and lay some compacted hard core first.

chris12121212
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Concrete base for under a trapmoline

by chris12121212 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:42 pm

[quote="Tom Evans"]All,

I need to lay a concrete slab so that the 12ft trampoline in the garden is level. HOwever this is my first attempt at anything like this.

At the moment it is just sitting on soil butI can see this sinking in the wet weather so want to lay a concrete base for this but am unsure if concrete can just be poured on top of soil and how deep it would need to be.

Also if it would need to be a certian type of mix.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]if i was you i would lay a concrete base and then cover with 100mm of bark chippings too prevent halm to your kids

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:38 pm