Concrete Calculation to Backfill a Wall
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GDJTAM
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete Calculation to Backfill a Wall

by GDJTAM » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:22 pm

First timer here so apologies if this is a common question.
I need to backfill a wall with concrete and I went into my local builders merchant to get an idea of quantity and Price and came out more confused than when I went in.

My wall is 40ft long x 2ft high x 1ft deep.

I asked the merchant (BQ) how many bags of cement, sand and aggregate I would need thinking I would get an answer of x amount of 25kg bags of sand, cement and aggregate but i was given cubic square feet etc which went over my head.

I therefore asked if I could buy the concrete ready mixed so I could just add water, expecting a yes with so many bags at x price I got another response which baffled me, at one stage I heard newton mentioned?

Thirdly, I asked if it would be cheaper to get the concrete pumped instead, that was a waste of time.

Can anyone suggest my cheapest or best option to obtain my concrete with the measurements given above.

I live in Tamworth B77 and appreciate any help

thedoctor

Re: Concrete Calculation to Backfill a Wall

by thedoctor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi

We do have a ptoject page on calculating how much concrete you would need for certain jobs: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/mi ... ncrete.htm

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

GDJTAM
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Concrete Calculation to Backfill a Wall

by GDJTAM » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Great link, spot on thank you

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:32 am