Concrete Garage Replacement and Opinions and Brick Built and Timber Replacements
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

Glen Dee
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete Garage Replacement and Opinions and Brick Built and Timber Replacements

by Glen Dee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:30 am

Hi. I have recently moved into a new house which has a very old concrete garage which leaks and has really bad condensation problems. It also takes up half of the space in the garden! I want to knock the garage down and replace it with a new one at the side of the house. My questions is what are the pros and cons of a brick built garage as opposed to a concrete or timber garage? I know a brick built one is most expensive (although I don't know how much it would cost as I've asked several builders for a quote but got no replies!) and is best in terms of durability and quality. Do modern concrete garages still suffer with condensation? if I decide not to have a garage, just store things in a shed would this decrease the value of my house? The house was marketed as having a garage even though it's next to useless. Any advice would be great. Thanks

It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:31 am