Concrete Hearth?
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Arbies
Apprentice
Apprentice

Concrete Hearth?

by Arbies » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:55 pm

I am in need of cheap, yet long lasting feature in my sitting room.

The hearth was in situ when we had our new laminate floor laid. Due to tile damage the hearth needs ripping out and replacing.

This will leave a hole in the floor. Is it possible to make a simple frame in which to pour a concrete mix so that the concrete lies level with the new floor and will allow for a new hearth of our choice to be place directly on top? If so what is the best way to go about this and what mix should be used?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone in the know!

JIMLLFIXIT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Concrete Hearth?

by JIMLLFIXIT » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:54 pm

[quote="Arbies"]I am in need of cheap, yet long lasting feature in my sitting room.

The hearth was in situ when we had our new laminate floor laid. Due to tile damage the hearth needs ripping out and replacing.

This will leave a hole in the floor. Is it possible to make a simple frame in which to pour a concrete mix so that the concrete lies level with the new floor and will allow for a new hearth of our choice to be place directly on top? If so what is the best way to go about this and what mix should be used?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone in the know![/quote] remove the hearth and below it should be a concreate hearth as in build regulations. ( which floor are we on ?)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:58 am