Concrete/stone cutter options for fencing project
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GreenTea
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete/stone cutter options for fencing project

by GreenTea » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

Working on a fencing project and I will need to cut the odd concrete gravel board to size and also cut paving stones (est 4cm depth) where post holes are being made.

I thought about hiring a stone cutter but the nearest HSS store is some distance away. Therefore looking at buying one which probably won't be used frequently after this project but may be used for occassional wood cutting diy projects (plant boarders) - so not looking at spending too much.

I found this from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evolution-Power-Tools-Multi-Purpose-Circular/dp/B004W50C8Y/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=evolution+fury1-b&qid=1598440903&s=diy&sr=1-1 and I am not sure if they will be able to source it as it is a discountinued product.

Anyone please recommend a stone/concrete cutter?

Thank you.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Concrete/stone cutter options for fencing project

by stoneyboy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi green tea
For your concrete cutting buy a 4 1/2" angle grinder and a diamond blade to fit, this will cost under £50. Buy a decent first fix hand saw for your borders work - £10, you will still be cheaper than your posted option.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:08 am