Concrete tiling into a single ply flat roof/valley
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dnelson
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete tiling into a single ply flat roof/valley

Post by dnelson » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:52 am

hi,

Can anyone see any issues that I would have with the below roof design ?

The roof has 2 pitches - a standard 6 degree flat roof (single ply/PVC) but the 26 degree pitched gable element will have double romans. The single ply continues up the 26 pitch to ensure weathertightness and the double romans are on a cross battened frame over it down to the valley.

I don't want to elements to get under the tiles so I plan to rest the leading edge of the tiles (in the valley) on a continual standing seam, have eaves combs up at the first baton and then sloped final standing seam sections further up under the cross baton as a last defense

I am hoping this will be enough to protect the roof but wanted to check if there is anything I have overlooked

Thanks
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Concrete tiling into a single ply flat roof/valley

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi dnelson
Possibly the weak element in your installation is the use of only a single layer of felt in the valley at the bottom of the tiles. It’s probably too late to reinforce this area.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:28 pm