condensation after having a new boiler fitted in attic
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ntiffin01
Labourer
Labourer

condensation after having a new boiler fitted in attic

by ntiffin01 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Last year my gas plumber got rid of the old fashion immersion tank and replace with a new combi boiler in the attic. It been great as it is out of the way, more efficient and the hot water pressure is perfect. But I notice in winter I get condensation builds up in the attic! I live in a terrace house and do not have underfelt under the roof-slates, therefore the cold slates and a warm boiler builds up condensation during winter!!

I'm thinking of having underfelt putting in by professional roofer. The underfelt is 'breathable' and hopes this will solve the problem (??)

I wonder if anyone had similar experience?

NT.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 pm

ntiffin01,
Fitting underslaters felt will not solve this problem breathable or not. You need to find out where the moisture is coming from.
end

ntiffin01
Labourer
Labourer

by ntiffin01 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I've lived here for over 12 years and never had this problem until new combi boiler fitted in attic a year ago and thats when it started to build condensation in attic. I'm sure the causes is the boiler making the attic warm and then when the heating is off, the air cool down it builds condensation against the cold slates (??)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:17 am