Condensation and mould in bedroom but not on plaster?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Liishaj
Labourer
Labourer

Condensation and mould in bedroom but not on plaster?

Post by Liishaj » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 pm

I’ve recently moved into a private rent house (semi-detached) finding that all along the outer walls are very cold and damp, when we moved in there was alot of black mould along the ceiling by the outer walls, thoroughly scrubbed with bleach then painted over with Johnstone’s condensation/mould stopper paint which landlord provided, after a month or 2 the mould is back, the chipboard wallpaper is coming away from the walls due to the damp. Under this chipboard it seems to be bare plaster walls, no sign of mould on the plaster so looking for tips on what to do if I peel all the chipboard off the walls? I’m thinking paint a few coats with the Johnstone’s paint? landlord has been up on the roof to see if it could be a leak but no signs of a leak Any help will be greatly appreciated as I’ve never had to deal with mould before.. thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Condensation and mould in bedroom but not on plaster?

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 pm

Hi liishaj
The surface mould you describe is most likely to be condensation, painting the walls will not solve this problem. You need to ventilate the bedroom both while you are in it and afterwards.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:41 am