DIY Doctor

condensation - how to ventilate

Postby joncar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:55 am

I have a buy to let property rented to students. One bedroom has a severe condensation problem which has caused mould to form.
To comply with regulations I have fitted a fire door, the room has a double glazed window without a trickle vent, so it is virtually a sealed box.
How can I ventilate it? - Will a vent over a hole knocked into the cavity do it? - Should this be at high level?
The room is about 12ft x 9ft, will one vent be enough?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:44 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics