Condensation Issue in Felt Roof and Timber Framed Bungalow
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
helpwithmyroof
Labourer
Labourer

Condensation Issue in Felt Roof and Timber Framed Bungalow

Post by helpwithmyroof » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Greetings,
My parents property is 1916 at the front and was extended in 1978, the front part is timber framed and the rear is brick, it has non load bearing walls and for this reason, has a felt roof.

Two yeasr ago we had to replace the chipboard type material underneath the front part of the roof, we put on good quality under and top felt.

My parents are deocrating the front room which still has a huge, single glazed bay window, the room is never used and has no heat such as a radiator.

The ceiling is down and the timbers are saturated, we beiee it to be condesnation, there are two air vents in the roof and sevral under the floor.

There is only a four inch timber between the plasterboard and teh Plywood (this relaced the chipboard type stuff) and it was insualted with Rockwool.

My question is, how can I get rid of the condensation? It is the only room affected...

Would night storage heaters, removal of teh rockwool and more vents help? The property is a five bedroom bungalow heated by a coal fire...

Any thoughts woulld be appreciated!

Thank you.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:25 pm