condensation on toilet cisterns!!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simpleton
Tradesman
Tradesman

condensation on toilet cisterns!!

by simpleton » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:20 pm

before anyone starts I know there is a DIY project about this on the site, however it doesnt tell you what type of glue/sealant to use when sticking the yoga mat to the inside of the cistern. if thedoctor could tell me what sealant is best to use that would be a great help as its a major problem in my bungalow bathroom

thanks

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 pm

good evening
youve got me on this one whats the yoga mat?
do you mean the rubber/foam seal that sits between the cistern and the pan if so you dont need or use a sealant
bob

simpleton
Tradesman
Tradesman

by simpleton » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 am

Sorry ive obviously not explained very well. in the DIY projects section theres a project called Condensation on Toilet Cisterns/pipes, in which it tells you to drain your cistern down, heat it with a hairdryer to dry it out and then cut and fix a yoga mat onto the internal sides of the cistern to insulate it, i was planning on giving this ago, but it doesnt tell you what type of glue/sealant to use to stick the mat inside the cistern and i was wondering what would be best

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Use a sanitary sealant applied with a sealant gun. Go to our project on sealants and down the bottom you will see the tools box. The bottom right hand corner is a white sealant which will work fine as long as the componants are dry and clean.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:44 pm