DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Condensation prob's what type of dry lining?

Postby pthebs » Sat May 03, 2008 10:31 am

I have a 1930's house with 11" thick solid breeze block walls and 9 foot ceilings. In the winter condensation becomes a nightmare, and leaving the windows constantly open turns the house into a draughty fridge.
What is the best type of dry lining I can fit for this application?
If I use the thermal board type what thickness is most economical?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:21 am

Postby kbrownie » Sat May 17, 2008 3:42 am

Hi pthebs,
I can see you posted this a couple of weeks back, so you may have already sorted problem out.
As you have had no response to this post. I guess it may be because it's an odd question. I don't think dry-lining would sort your condinsation problems out, I'd be thinking of putting some air bricks in through the walls before I dry-lined, creating a bit of ventilation
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics