condensation reduction on metal window frames
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
keiths15672
Labourer
Labourer

condensation reduction on metal window frames

by keiths15672 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Can anyone help?

My appartment has metal double glazed doors and windows. During winter months the frames condensate significantly due to the thermal conductivity.

Can anyone provide any suggestions with respect to any insulating coatings I could treat the frames with which might have a positive impact with respect to condensation reduction.

I have previously painted the frames with a product called thermilite which did make some difference, although the condensation remains significant.

I was wondering if it would be possible to paint on some sort of adhesive or epoxy which would act as an insulator.

Any suggestions or guidance very much welcome.

cheers Keith

jcro
Labourer
Labourer

by jcro » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 am

I too have the same problem with so much condensation run off on my metal frames. Even wiping them daily does not prevent molding on my curtains and to my floor. Any ideas bar replacing the whole frame?

Reg jcro.

jcro
Labourer
Labourer

by jcro » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:34 pm

I finally found what I was looking for.Went to B+Q and purchased dado rails made of pvc and got a fitter to cut and prepare them.I then stuck them onto the metal frame around the windows.I covered the mounting frame with wood from there also.It looks really good and and the only exposed area now is the sliding door itself.

JC.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:36 pm