connecting new ensuite toilet to existing sewer
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
OZZIE16
Labourer
Labourer

connecting new ensuite toilet to existing sewer

by OZZIE16 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 am

I want to install a new ensuite bathroom in upstairs bedroom.I have exposed the existing sewer pipe from a downstairs toilet which runs to an inspection chamber.The existing upstairs bathroom also feeds into this I.C and is vented by a metal S.V.Is it possible to now install a saddle on the exposed sewer pipe and connect the new toilet to it complete with new soil and vent and does this work involve building regulations and if so what certification will the plumber who I employ require.

OZZIE16
Labourer
Labourer

Re: connecting new ensuite toilet to existing sewer

by OZZIE16 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I am answering my own question after researching it on the internet.This work is notifiable and covered by building regs, application costs £156.00.This covers inspection of works and certificate at the end to produce when you sell the house ,the electrical side also has to be carried out by a certificated electrician and they have to supply a certificate to building control on completion of work.I eventually put in a shallow access inspection chamber for access in case of any blockages which was reasonably straightforward but also not a job to attempt unless you are quite handy,able to do some hard work and have access to tools such as a drill,disc cutter and gardening tools etc for digging.I had to hire a breaker for a day ,about £50.00,as I had to remove a concrete path over the existing sewer pipe run.Have a look at installing an access chamber on A.J McCORMACK web site this shows you exactly what to do.Mine wasnt quite that muddy thankfully

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:13 pm