Connecting Switched Ceiling Light to "Push Fit" Terminals
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
darenwithoner
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting Switched Ceiling Light to "Push Fit" Terminals

Post by darenwithoner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:15 am

Hi everyone,

I'm replacing LED downlights in the ceiling and the new light has "push fit loop in/out terminals" (http://enlitelighting.com/gb/ProductDetail/EN-DE8). Most of the connections are straight forward, but I'm stuck on the switched light. The existing configuration has 12 wires but the replacement light's push fit connectors have only 6 input terminals, and each terminal fits only one wire.

How should I configure the wires into the terminals?

LED switched light wiring SS.jpg

LED switched light wiring (incumbent2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Connecting Switched Ceiling Light to "Push Fit" Terminals

Post by Mr White » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 pm

You would be better off putting it back the way it was. (With the choc box and the flex) Then connecting just the flex to the appropriate terminals on the light fitting.

The reason is, the new fitting is not designed to have that many cables (As you so correctly said) This being the case there is no way you can connect the light to that many cables, so you will have to use something else i.e choc bloc or better still wago connectors and a wago box (These are maintenance free)

darenwithoner
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Connecting Switched Ceiling Light to "Push Fit" Terminals

Post by darenwithoner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Update: I followed your guidance and re-connected the original wiring in the connector box, then cut and fit two wires (live and neutral) to connect the wiring to the light fighting - it all works fine :)

Thanks heaps for your help Mr White!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:52 am