DIY Doctor

Main navigation

connecting to main drain/sewar for a new property

Postby cliov6255 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:14 pm


I have recently moved in to a house, which has had a large area of the garden sold off, (approx 90ft )
along with the neighbour so together with the neighbours garden and what would have been my garden is now a building plot........the house has now been built which is quite is right on top of a side turning so has no front garden.

Due to the lack of main sewar as this obviosly runs through mine and my neghbours property the Builder wants to tap in to my manhole on my drive

The builders other option is to dig up road down side turning and tap in that way question is what is a resonable amount of money to ask for for my allowing him to tap in to my drain?
How much would it cost the builder to dig up road and tap in that way?

He offered £1000 to start with.....

I think that I am his only option, what are the problems that could arise from allowing them to tap in to my drain

I appreciate any feed back


Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:42 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics