Connecting UPVC Door & Window Together
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rick1486
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting UPVC Door & Window Together

Post by Rick1486 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi, I've bought a upvc backdoor and window which will sit within a conventional brick/block opening. What I want/need to do is fix the door and window together, but don't see conventional frame fixings as being suitable.
I've got frame extenders for the window to enable it to fill the opening (thought I'd mention this in case it affects how this is answered) and envisage at least one going between the door and window frame.
I'm thinking I'll need some sort of bolt to connect the door to the window where they abutt each other (the rest of the installation should be standard using conventional frame fixings) and would appreciate any help/advice as to what I need to use and where I can get the items from.
Many thanks
Rick

sk3l3tor
Labourer
Labourer

Post by sk3l3tor » Sat May 12, 2007 1:45 pm

What you need to screw these two items together is a coupling bar. The place you brought your door and window from should be able to sell you one of these.

This bar goes between the door and window. You then need a 4.5 mm drill bit to drill a hole through the window into the door and then screw, depending on the thickness of your frame, a 3" screw through the pre drilled hole. I would also recommend using a g-clamp to keep both frames tight together whilst drilling.

Rick1486
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Rick1486 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks very much, I'll give it a go.

Rick

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 am