Connecting x3 Lights to a Mains Plug
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MrBenn
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting x3 Lights to a Mains Plug

by MrBenn » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Can someone please help, its probably easy to someone here but I don't know much about Electonics but would like to try and do this myself with someone guidance (I hope) :D

I want to connect x3 CFL Lights to a mains plug, I bought the Bulb Holders today and on the back it will allow you to connect 2 wires, but I thought you needed to connect x3 wires to earth the thing? is this the case??? as I don't want to connect these lights and electrocute myself.

I would also like to parallel these lights so the Bulb Holders are beside each other, would I just need to connect the browns to browns and blue to blues??

Thanks

MrBenn

[img]img692.imageshack.us/img692/4236/lightfitting.jpg[/img]

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:59 pm

The items you have are designed to go inside a fitting. You can get BA22d bulb holders designed to go on bottles and other items which will include a shroud of some sort. You would need some form of junction box as they are only designed to take one cable and normally rated at 2A so not suitable for daisy chain.

jimmy_one_ball
Tradesman
Tradesman

by jimmy_one_ball » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Just to say about your query on earthing, the appliance or any portable appliance for that matter will only need bonding (earthing) if there are any 'exposed conductive parts' or metal casing, otherwise it is 'class two' equipment which only has exposed plastic and doesn't need bonding. It should have the class II logo somewhere which is simply a square inside a square. :idea: [color=darkred][/color]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:44 pm