conservatory lights not working
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pricey58
Labourer
Labourer

conservatory lights not working

Post by Pricey58 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:08 pm

This may well have been answered before but I am new to this forum and in a bit of a hurry!

Last weekend the lights in the conservatory stopped working - that's the 3 central spots on the roof and two wall lights on the house wall. The sockets all still work. There is a 3 way switch that all looks ok but just in case it was the switch I changed that with no effect.

The conservatory is off the kitchen and the light were originally off the kitchen light spur. All the other lights, sockets and appliances work in the house just not the connie.

Can anyone help with any suggestions please?

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:18 pm

I would look at original kitchen lamp but with extensions all sorts are done and normally its a get the meter out job.
Eric

Pricey58
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Pricey58 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks Eric. I think I may have put the problem across wrongly.

We had a conservatory built off the kitchen 2 years ago with 3 central spot lights in the conservatory roof - rather than a fan. Twowall lights were fitted on what was the outside wall of the house.

All this has worked fine until the weekend when suddenly these lights didn't work. The kitchen lights still work fine as do all the sockets in the kitchen and the conservatory. If I test the wiring in the conservatory switch and thereis no juice where would I look next?

Cheers
Nick

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 pm

It is common to feed a conservatory lights from a fused spur connected to the ring main. maybe in room above. Lights blowing do sometimes take out fuses. Have a look for a fused spur unit looks a bit like a socket with no holes for the plug.
Have I guessed right this time?
Eric

Pricey58
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Pricey58 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:10 pm

:D Ha ha yes you could be right it may have come from the room above didn't think of that although everything is working in that room ok.

Coincidentally, the smoke alarms have been going off constantly since the weekend, in fact I had to pull the fuse out from the main unit in the end and fit temporary battery ones. Could that have any bearing?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:52 pm