4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lee_yip18
Labourer
Labourer

Constant flow of water from water pipe

by lee_yip18 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:57 am

Hi all,

I am no DIY person and my story may sound odd/silly to some but here it is:

Firstly I live in a maisonette (ground floor) and for the past week I can hear constant flow of water from my cold mains pipe. Secondly, my shower is not as strong as it was (unsure if this coincided with the pipe issue); thirdly, the cold pipe underneath my kitchen sounds like water is constantly running as well.

When I close the water mains to test if this will stop; behold it did not. I have not got the central heating turned on and I doubt if my neighbour upstairs has her's turned on 24/7. There are no leaks as I have checked all the taps, pipes and my GCH system.

I am puzzled as to what is going on? someyimes I am woken up because of this water running noise as the pipe is inside my bedroom! I never had this issue before! :(

Has anyone heard of this or am I jusy being paranoid? Please help or advice, thank you! :D

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:26 pm

You can sometims hear water running through the water mains outside, this noise will travel up the mains pipe feeding your house, but it's unusual if you've never heard it before. Could it have always been there but you've only just noticed it ?

Have you asked neighbours if they have the same problem, has someone gone on holiday nearby and maybe left a tap running ?

lee_yip18
Labourer
Labourer

by lee_yip18 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:11 pm

Dear HTG,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely have not heard this sound before and neither is my wife, but I will check with my neighbour.

I also notice now our toilet makes a constant thumping noise when we flush it but stops when the cistern is filled.

I hope all this is from my neighbour!

lee_yip18
Labourer
Labourer

by lee_yip18 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:52 pm

I MANAGED TO SPEAK TO MY NEIGHBOUR UPSTAIRS AND WAS TOLD HER WATER PIPE ETC IS FINE.

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? NOW WHEN WE FLUSH THE TOILET, THE PIPE IS MAKING A GURGLING NOISE; THE SHOWER PRESSURE IS LOWER THAN USUAL AND WATER KEEPS FLOWING FROM THE PIPES.

I WAS TOLD IT MAYBE A WATER HAMMER ISSUE, BUT HOW DOES THAT EFFECT THE SHOWER ISSUE?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am