Contrete garage
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jmoore
Labourer
Labourer

Contrete garage

Post by jmoore » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:05 am

Hi, I have a Hanson concrete garage, and after rainfall the edge of the floor and and the sealing fillet at the bottom of the panels on the inside gets very dark and wet. I have noticed that water is sitting outside on the concrete base due to a lack of trowelled edge (despite being build by Hanson agents!) On Hansons website they recommend a bead of sealant at the base of the walls in the inside, before a mortar fillet with PVA, but I don't know if they followed their own advice. I have found dealing with Hanson very stressful and an considering dealing with the problem myself to save my own sanity. I am considering removing the fillet and painting in a bitumen emusion liquid DPM (hoping it will flow into the gap as far as possible). I am then considering reistalling a fillet, ensuring that the mix is a suitable waterproof compound. I am also unaware as to how much damp ingress is to acutally be expected. Certainly, anything water absorbent would be damaged if left near the wall, which is disappointing. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks :)

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Contrete garage

Post by welsh brickie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:49 pm

cut out the mortar fillet as much as you can,clean the area and fill the gap with expanding foam,the foams waterproof,after its set cut off the excess and reinstate the mortar fillet with a waterproof addative.

jmoore
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Contrete garage

Post by jmoore » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks Welsh Brickie :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:13 am