conventional television brackets on a plasterboard wall
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lamby
Labourer
Labourer

conventional television brackets on a plasterboard wall

by Lamby » Tue May 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi. After consulting the website, i have decided that the redidrive fixing seems to be the one to use to fix a television/dvd wall bracket to a plasterboard wall.

However, before ordering some of these fixings, I want to check whether these will reliably hold up the bracket with an old heavy television and a dvd player on it! The television weighs about 12kg, and the dvd player 3kg, and the bracket itself is quite substantial too. I'm just a bit worried that what seem like small fixings won't be able to hold all that weight, so any advice is very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat May 12, 2007 10:15 am

We obviously can't give you any guarentees but if you have doubts then fix a suitable piece of timber across 2 or 3 upright timber studs in your wall and fix the brackets to that. The timber can be decorated to either match the wall or be a complete contrast to form part of the set up.

Arnak
Tradesman
Tradesman

Fitting a support.

by Arnak » Sat May 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi,

If you do not want to see the timber support then cut back the plaster board and half lap the timber into cut outs in the studs.

Then cut and fit a new piece of plasterboard into the slot and re-plaster

Arnak

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:44 am