Converting extension roof to dry ridge to repair uneven ridge tiles
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigi
Labourer
Labourer

Converting extension roof to dry ridge to repair uneven ridge tiles

by bigi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:42 am

We have recently bought a house with an extensions built in 2000. single story, with really badly fitted (and uneven!) ridge tiles, and a dry verge that's falling off. as one of the ridge tiles is loose anyway, the plan is to replace with a dry ridge system and replace the verge at the same time.

I've seen loads of different kits available, but not a lot of info about converting an existing roof to dry ridge (apart from one guy who does videos, but the links he has for suggested kits don't seem to work). More importantly - no-one mentions how to tie a dry ridge into an adjoining wall, which i need to do (the single story extension is attached to the gable end of the house)

So a couple of questions:
Are there any recommendations for best kit to use for a conversion like this? (Concrete tiled roof)
What is the best way to tie into the gable end with dry ridge?
Should I replace the concrete ridge tiles with UPVC or keep existing?
For the dry verge replacement, any recommendations - the roofing battens don't protrude long enough so will need extending I think (current verge is wedged under the tiles...)

Thanks!

bigi
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Converting extension roof to dry ridge to repair uneven ridge tiles

by bigi » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:02 am

anyone offer any advice please?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:34 pm