All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimnybob
Labourer
Labourer

Converting Outside Loo Cistern Pipe to Tap

by jimnybob » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi all,

Plumbing newb here. Our outside loo has a lead pipe coming out of the ground which used to fill the cistern. I'm turning the site into a shed so need to sort the pipe out.

I've decided to install a tap using the supply, and was going to use a lead lock compression fitting, like this http://bit.ly/2aUOSOG, to connect the lead pipe close to ground level to another that runs up to a tap fixed on the inside brick wall.

What material should I use for the new piping that runs to the tap? The pipe will be inside the shed.

And can I run the pipe straight to the tap or do I need any intermediate components?

Any installation tips / resources for reading?

Any help appreciated,

James

jimnybob
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Converting Outside Loo Cistern Pipe to Tap

by jimnybob » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 am

I've taken a picture of the site which should give a better idea of the situation

IMG_1177.jpg

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Converting Outside Loo Cistern Pipe to Tap

by greengrass » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:53 am

The fitting you've shon in link lead to copper 15mm(1/2")
15mm copper pipe, push fit bends as required.
Stopcock, flexi tap connector also push fit onto copper
Cannot correct shown yop line keeps jumping yo another window and is p!!!!g me off.
Fix stop cock about 12" up from lead connector. Also you will need to insulate the whole feed including fittings right up to tap connection and turn off stop cock in winter if basin not used. Tip every couple months turn ALL stop cocks /gate valves off then back on to stop cease up through lime build up.
Happy plumbing you might also need to earth the pipe if electrics in shed. Ask ON ELECS SECTION. Check wickes site for fittings note product code so you know its right when you buy. Dont forget the earth strap if needed clean pipe where iits to be fitted.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:24 am