Cooker hob
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
notsohandyandy
Labourer
Labourer

Cooker hob

by notsohandyandy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Can anyone tell me whether there are any particular problems associated with taking out an old gas hob (standard size) and fitting a new one? Am I allowed by law to disconnect the flexible gas pipe and refit it to the new hob without requiring the services of a gas fitter? Is the electric supply, which currently serves the piezo spark of the hob as well as the lighting and fan in the cooker hood something I can reinstate myself, or again, am I obliged by regs to employ a professional? Slightly loaded questions to which I know the likely answer, but any general advice gratefully received. :0)
Ta

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm

notsohandyandy,
Taking your user name literally I think it would be better to at least get the gas fitter in.
end

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

help at hand

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:47 am