Cooker hood ducting and chimney issue
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AzK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cooker hood ducting and chimney issue

Post by AzK » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:57 am

Hi

We routed some ducting through our kitchen ceiling for a cooker hood. But because of where the first ceiling joist was, we couldnt have the ducting flush against the wall.

Instead we lost about 10cm or so and had to start there. It also meant that the ducting is at a slight angle from the ceiling and then when it joins the actual cooker hood.

The problem now is that the top of the ducting sticks out a little too much which means the chimney of the hood cant go flush up to the ceiling nor the back wall.

If I place the chimney on the hood, it could be flush with the back wall, but if I leave a 7-10cm gap between the top of the chimney and the ceiling. It is a bit unsightly.

Its the angle of the ducting and the top section of the ducting being a tad bit too far from the wall.

It is a new kitchen and everything is in place, apart from this final obstacle.

In the attached picture, the blue line is roughly where the joist is and the red line is roughly part of the ducting that would be exposed. (Ignore the grey tape as this is temporary until I permanently secure everything in place)

Does anyone have any reasonable suggestions as to what we could do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Cooker hood ducting and chimney issue

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:10 pm

Hi azk.
Suggest you cut the hole in the ceiling to an oval shape with its long axis parallel to the joist. Then squash the ducting sufficient for it not to interfere with the chimney section
Regards. S.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:14 am