Cooker Hood
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
venom78
Labourer
Labourer

Cooker Hood

by venom78 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi all

I currently have an old recirculating BOSCH cooker hood, which is hopeless at getting rid of fumes. I am planning on replacing this with a ducted type. I live on the top floor with the loft above me and a roof. There is no other way but to duct through the loft and out of the roof, the kitchen is open to the living room "open plan" and ducting across the room to the outside wall just won't look nice.

My questions are as follows:

Can I duct through the loft and out of the roof? I will make sure that the duct pipe is at a slight angle so that condensation or rain, if it ever makes its way through, doesn't come back down.

The roof is covered with felt and not tiled. What should I use as the outlet? and where can I buy one from?

Thx

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:59 pm

venom78,
A roofing supply company will be able to sell you a vent terminal to fit on the flat roof but it will need embedding in the layers.
If you have soffits on the edge of the flat roof see if you can vent through these.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 pm