cooker/RCD info
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Diesel
Labourer
Labourer

cooker/RCD info

by Diesel » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:14 am

Hi

My cooker wire is 10m and runs into a 45a switch then down to the conection unit do i need to put the cooker on the RCD side also can i connect the cooker together with the ceramic hob, thanks

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:14 pm

hi , both cooker and hob can be connected together in same control unit as long as neither the cooker or the hob is more than 2 metres away from the control unit. .You can make the connections by running two cables from the control unit , one to the oven and the other to the hob . Alternatively , you can run one cable from the control unit to one part of the cooker and a second length of cable from there to the second part of cooker. No connection units are needed on the wall behind a seperate oven and hob because they are permanantly built in . As regards to rcd side , there is no requirement to fit on rcd side of consumer unit , unless you have an built in 13 amp socket in control unit . This is because it could be consevably used for outside equipment .ie lawn mower . Hope this helps Regards .Jeff ... P.S Any work carried outin kitchen is part p and should only be carried out by certified electrician .Cheers and good luck

Diesel
Labourer
Labourer

by Diesel » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks jeff :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm