Cool Power Shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
waysmith
Labourer
Labourer

Cool Power Shower

by waysmith » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:59 pm

My pump shower, Hansgroher mixer, will now only give warm water even with the dial turned up fully. It is about 10 years old.
I have changed the thermostatic cartridge (Hansgrohe 1/2" Thermostatic Cartridge - Part no. 92601) but this has not improved the situation.

I have read other posts, which suggest that the filters could be clogged, but how do I check this and, more importantly, how do I fix it?

Newby
waysmith

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:06 am

Hello

Just spotted this post so sorry for late reply. Grohe should have supplied a set of filters with the new cartridge or been leant on to do so if they didn't.

If you are lucky (and it does depend on the design) they may be changeable from inside the valve cavity where the cartridge sit. But you need very dextrous and probably long fingers!

More often than not, though, you have to remove the whole valve assembly, which will probably mean removing a couple of tiles, to do this. Hope you have some spare tiles left!

Cheers

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 am

I looked at this post, but the answer is complicated and not necessarily easily followed.

Possible symptoms of blocked filters are 1) different flow rates when the shower is switched from full hot to full cold, and 2) the pump fails to start when the shower is on full hot or full cold.

Consider also, the pump tails may be fitted with filters too.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:29 am