Coroding Towel Rail
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vogz
Labourer
Labourer

Coroding Towel Rail

by vogz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:08 pm

I had a chrome towel rail fitted approx 1 year ago and it is already starting to show signs of rust, especially around the welded joints. It is indirectly heated through the central heating system (Not Electric). I have been told that it may be due to the fact that it is situated within 600mm of my enclosed shower cubicle. Is there a minimum distance that a towel rail can be sited from an enclosed shower cubicle?

Aarovic
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Aarovic » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:39 pm

You have been sold a pup. Chrome towel warmer prices vary considerably and for a very good reason - QUALITY. My towel warmer is next to my shower cubicle and is four years old. It is made by Delonghi and is in perfect condition - it was pricy though - £245.

vogz
Labourer
Labourer

by vogz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks for your reply Aarovic, i must admit that this is what i was suspecting but, as the popular online plumbing supplier sent a patronising email to me saying that i should have consulted a qualified person before fitting the towel rail so close to the cubilcle, i would still like to know if there is any recommended/regulatory distance a towel rail should not be situated in, apart from those stated in the electrical regs. It would be very nice to email them back confident in the knowledge that that are wrong :-). I have searched everywhere on the net, and my next stop will be the library.Unfortunatel, these days, due to the lack of good customer service, once ive got the bit in my teeth, theres no letting go :-). Thanks again.........Vogz

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1