Correct Insulation
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trebormint88
Labourer
Labourer

Correct Insulation

by trebormint88 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi, i am currently retiling the bathroom walls and decided i want to remove the 2 pin shaver socket on the wall all together and just tile over it.

Would taping the wires up with electrical tape and poking it back though the wall be suitable for insulating or would i need to put the wires into a terminal block and then tape up?

Also would i have to get this job checked by a professional electrician to ensure its safe and get a minor works cert.

thanks!

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Correct Insulation

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:00 am

[quote="trebormint88"]Hi, i am currently retiling the bathroom walls and decided i want to remove the 2 pin shaver socket on the wall all together and just tile over it.

Would taping the wires up with electrical tape and poking it back though the wall be suitable for insulating or would i need to put the wires into a terminal block and then tape up?

Also would i have to get this job checked by a professional electrician to ensure its safe and get a minor works cert.

thanks![/quote]
TREBORMINT88
THE WAY 2 GO FRANKLY IS HOW U HAVE STATED.
GET SPARK IN DISCONNECT FROM CIRCUIT.
RENDERING WIRING OUT OF SERVICE
AND GET HIM TO DO MINOR WORKS CERT.
JUST A POINT .WHEN WIRING IS COVERED OVER
AND NOT IN SAFE ZONES AS STATED IN BS7671
THIS WHERE OTHER PERSON S CAN ACCIDENTLY
PIERCE IT , DIY ECT.
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:38 am