DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Covering Interior Concrete Walls

Postby wobs101 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm

We are looking to spruce up a large internal cupboard which currently has painted concrete walls. Is there any kind of lining paper that we could put on the walls so that we can then paint that, giving the room a warmer, more homely feel? If there is, what kind of lining paper do we need and how does it fix on? Thanks
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:35 pm


Simply Build It

Postby canny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:21 pm

I would advise you get it skimmed with Plaster, If you try and line the render it will could eventually start to peel .
The other way you could try, is to seal the wall with a good coat of PVA, Then try papering using a strong papering adhesive. Decorator suppliers supply different thickness's of linning paper. If you can only get standard linning paper first hang it horizontally, the hang the second rolls vertically. :)
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics