Crack around my window, how to seal it?
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hero9989
Labourer
Labourer

Crack around my window, how to seal it?

Post by hero9989 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Basically, as in the title, there's a crack where the window joins to the brick, I'm a student so I'm only living in this house for a year so I don't want a permanent solution, just something I can use for the next 9 months or so and then taken down. I told my landlady but she seems reluctant to do anything about it since she says it's still safe and I really don't want to argue lol

It may well still be safe but it's letting a lot of noise in, and is cooling my bedroom down, I'm on a budget with the gas heating as it is so I want to save all the heat I can.

What sort of thing should I be looking for? I'd assume some sort of tape, but I'm not really clued up on that kind of thing.

https://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h174/jamiestevenson2000/?action=view&current=P1010565.jpg
Is a link to an image of the crack, this goes most of the way across the top of the window

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

crack

Post by welsh brickie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi mate
Ok looks like a upvc window,You can buy plastic beading to fit round the window. Conservatory/window fitting companies always have some in stock.What you need is some D bead or quadrant bead.You can attach it with TRIM TAPE and seal it with white silicone should cost you lees than £8 or they may have some offcuts for free.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Post by JRS » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Get some silicone mate. Since your landlady is not being much help get it everywhere its murder to paint over lol, Or what i use is decorators caulk put loads on and clean off with a damp sponge.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:56 pm