Crack Double Glazing Under Guarantee?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JonW98
Labourer
Labourer

Crack Double Glazing Under Guarantee?

by JonW98 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:26 am

First of all, appologies if this one comes up all the time!

I had double glazing fitted six months ago and a week ago one of the panes of glass shattered over night (really cold weather?).

I had the glazing people out this week to look at it thinking this type of thing is covered by the wording in the guarantee that reads:

"...WE GUARANTEE TO REPLACE OR REPAIR, FREE OF ALL CHARGES FOR LABOUR AND MATERIALS, ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY INSULATING GLASS UNIT WHICH DEVELOPS A FAULT (INCLUDING CONDENSATION BETWEEN THE GLASSES OF THE UNITS) DUE TO DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP AS FOLLOWS:

iii) DOUBLE GLAZED UNITS - FOR A PERIOD OF 5 YEARS FROM DATE OF INSTALATION."

This morning I had a quote land on my doorstep for around £130 to replace the unit.

I've just spoken to them and they say this kind of thing isn't covered under the guarantee as glass can often do this and the only thing that would fall under the guarantee is misting up inside the unit.

Please please please can someone tell me if this kind of craking comes under the banner "defective materials" and whether I'm being un-reasonable in expecting this to be replaced FOC?

If I'm not being un-reasonable what are my options? FENSA? GGF?

All help gratefully received!!!!

:cry:

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:53 pm

TRY CLAIMING ON YOUR HOUSEHOLD INSURANCE.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:07 pm