cracked inner pane of glass
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
moosta
Labourer
Labourer

cracked inner pane of glass

Post by moosta » Sun May 31, 2009 10:31 am

Hi ,I'm new to the forums here so excuse me if i dont make sense!!
I just moved into a rented home last week and was putting up curtain tracks with some holes already made in the frame! well i'm onto the 4th hole and there was this noise!!! my sister said oh no you've broke the window!! i thought she was kiddin!! but NO ! the screws in the pack were longer than they should have been and the holes in theframe were on the inner part and not the outer part! anyway its cracked! I dont work at present as i have MS and I'm worried sick about the cost of new window! I need to get sorted tho as i notice the crack is gettng longer and the window has misted up now :cry: !! how much would a unit cost and is there anyother way to keep the window safe till i can save for a new one??
thanks moosta

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:05 pm

moosta,
Cost will depend on the size and whether there is anything special is argon filled, pilkington K glass ......
The window will be inherently safe and the worst problem will be the misting of the DGU. Since it is only the inner pane you could just leave it.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:00 pm

"the screws in the pack were longer than they should have been........"

You really MUST tell your landlord what has happened and I don't think you'll get away with that excuse in all honesty. If its a downstairs window you may have compromise the building's security and I'm guessing its the landlords insurance policy not yours.

Cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:01 pm

"Since it is only the inner pane you could just leave it."

Since its a rented property that would probably be unwise.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:04 pm