DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Cracks in paint work at plasterboard joints

Postby Moonfizzle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:02 pm


I've just in the process of painting my new flat and I have noticed their a small cracks down the walls every 120cm which I reckon is down the joints of the plasterboard. I worried that if I just fill the cracks they will just come back a few months after painting but I dont want to have to skim the walls. Im thinking I could fill and use lining paper....What do you think the best approach would be?

Thanks in advance

photo_2021-10-19_11-18-54 (3).jpg

photo_2021-10-19_11-18-54 (7).jpg
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:54 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi moonfizzle,
Assuming you do not want to cut back the plaster to determine what the problem is then lining paper is your answer. You may have to use a lining paper with fibres to disguise any future movement.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4939
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics