DIY Doctor

Cracks in Victorian bathroom

Postby freeleaf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:04 am

We have a fairly wide crack which runs along the join between ceiling and wall, then diagnally across a corner of our bathroom. The house was built about 1890. I've looked on the projects page and found some information about using flexible filler called decoraters caulk, but the pictures attached to the advice don't show this product-can you tell me where I can get hold of some please?
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby rosebery » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Don't know why nooe has answered this one. Any decoratrors merchants or DIY shed is the answer. Try Googling for it. It comes in a tube and you applyint with a sealant gun.

Ceilings and walls often part company. How big is "fairly"? If "fairly" is bigger than a couple of mm then caulk won't do it - you'll just get an unholy mess. You can either cover it up - cove it for example or you'll need to fill it properly.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics