Crumbly channel across concrete floor before recarpeting
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

Crumbly channel across concrete floor before recarpeting

by Zacccc » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:19 pm

I've just taken a carpet up prior to putting a new one down. The floor is concrete but a channel has been chipped out at some point to lay a gas pipe. The problem now is that where the channel has been concreted after laying the pipe some of the concrete is now crumbly and has come out, leaving the channel 1 to 2cm. deep in places. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to remedy this? It's not deep enough for a bit of concrete mix, and plaster would just come out when walked on. Thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Crumbly channel across concrete floor before recarpeting

by welsh brickie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:52 am

you can pour self level compound in it

Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

by Zacccc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for that.

Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

by Zacccc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Do you know whether self leveling compound will take damp proof paint over it? At the sides of the room the concrete floor has become crumbly through a bit of rising damp. So where I've raked out the loose pieces I want to use self leveling compound to make the floor level to the wall and then paint over it with damp proof paint. Or would it be better to paint the concrete first and then put down the self leveling compound?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 am