DIY Doctor

Curious journey for a HDMI cable

Postby RobC » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi there and thanks for clicking.

I have a curious conundrum regarding a long and winding journey for a five-metre fire-rated HDMI cable. I hope your collective expertise can resolve this matter. 

The key question for me is not whether it's possible, but whether it is within housing regulations and indeed safe. I will explain the cable's journey below:

1) First it goes into a stud wall in Room 1, then up three meters into the ceiling of Room 1 and into the floorboards of Room 2
2) When in the floorboards of Room 2, it travels 1 metre across, into the very base of another stud wall in Room 2
3) Then, when in Room 2's stud wall, it travels 50cm up, and pokes out into Room 3

I know it's quite a bizarre journey. I'll spare you the story of how it got to that. By my calculations the fire-rated HDMI cable will pass through two safe zones. 

Thanks for reading,

Rob
RobC

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!