DIY Doctor

Main navigation

cutting kitchen worktops

Postby russellfl » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:31 am

Hi, can anyone tell me if it's possible to mitre rounded edged worktops to form a corner rather than using a jig to make male/female joints. My wife (she who must be obeyed) is convinced she has seen it done. If it works it would save me from buying a jig and router.

Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby htg engineer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:29 pm

If the room is perfectly square you could - but I can guarantee it wont be.

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby work topper » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:13 pm

There is a12.7mm diamond router cutter I've used , on a standard worktop jig .Takes ages , looks a laminate worktop
work topper
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics