Cutting laminate flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rosiecarp
Labourer
Labourer

Cutting laminate flooring

by Rosiecarp » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:16 pm

I have never laid laminate flooring, and am wondering how I would cut the boards once I get to the door frame. I'm taking off all of the baseboards, and I know I have to use spacers along the walls. I just don't know how to fit the floor boards around the door frames once I get to that point. Thank you!

Joiner_Mike
Ganger
Ganger

Cutting laminate

by Joiner_Mike » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi
There are 2 main ways in which you can tackle this problem.
The first is to lay a piece of underlay that you are going to use on the floor next to the casing. Then get a piece of laminate flooring that your using and lay it face down. Now run your saw flat on the ack of the laminate and cut the casing out. So when you fit the floor it will run under the casing. (This i s how i do it)
or you can buy a small profiler. Has loads of pins in a line. Then when u get to the point near the door you push these pins in to the casing so you get a profile of the casing, transfer it onto your laminate and cut with a jig saw. Then fill the small gap around the casing with flexible filler.
Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:07 pm