DAB Heating Water Pumps Failing
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Dorts1905
Labourer
Labourer

DAB Heating Water Pumps Failing

by Dorts1905 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Hello,

About 5 years ago I had a maxipod direct heating system installed with a condenser input as well as a multi stove. I have three evosta DAB smart pumps fitted - one out at the boiler in the garage to get the flow to the maxipod on the ground level. The heating out flow comes out of the maxipod approximately 500mm, then tees off to the upstairs circuit and the downstairs circuit. About 700mm from the tee in each direction I have a pump installed, evosta pumping up for the upstairs and evosta pumping down for the downstairs circuit.

The heating works perfectly and heats every rad around the house, but I have had every pump fail and the two inside the house twice. I have tonight replaced the one on the upstairs circuit (which failed last night) with a Tucson pump to see if it lets any better. They guy in the merchants said they had huge problems with the DAB over the years. It has crossed my mind that the pumps could be working against each other but I have had plumbers looking at it and they all said there should be enough distance between them, plus the tank in the middle to pull from.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:00 pm