Damp Breeze Block in Bathroom
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Drak_nyen
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Breeze Block in Bathroom

by Drak_nyen » Wed May 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and looking for a little advice.

I have a 1960's 1st floor maisonette which has a couple of issues with damp but I am only concerned about this one firstly so will deal with the other later.

The bathroom is quite small and has been made with all the walls made of breeze block.
The only exterior facing wall has a large window on it and also has brickwork on the outside of the breeze block.

The issue is that this breeze block over time has gotten damp and so now the breeze block is very very brittle.

For example if you screw even a towel rail on, with very little pressure this comes back out the wall (rawplug included).

The problem for me is my shower curtain has come off (again) and I am looking for some way to fix this so I don't have to keep drilling new holes and filling the old.

Is there any way for me to fix this (without rebuilding the wall)?
The problem with rebuilding the wall is that the wall with the shower curtain faces onto the kitchen wall that has cupboards on it, electricity meter, gas meter, fusebox etc.

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Pete

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Thu May 22, 2008 10:40 pm

DRILL DEEPER HOLES, PLUG AND USE LONGER SCREWS.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am