DAMP COURSE FROM THE OUTSIDE
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
surreygirl
Apprentice
Apprentice

DAMP COURSE FROM THE OUTSIDE

Post by surreygirl » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Hello All,

I own a flat where we are having the whole of the outside render removed and re-rendered as it has become porous over the years. Also whilst the render is off I would like to have a damp proof injected to help witht he damp. I know a lot of people are skeptical about damp proof injections so I would just like a few opinions.

My flat is a semi basement. With one wall at the back with earth up against it. So the wallks that can be done would be those do not have earth pile up against them. One of the walls is an internal wall and that has already been injected. The neighbour had that done.

The Project Manager has suggested I tank the flat. All very well but there is a tenant in it at the moment and the wall where there is earth has been tanked.

The other issue with tanking my walls is that there will be two walls which are water proof and the damp will rise up into the upstairs flats and cause damp to their flat.

I need to make my flat as water proof as possible. It is not costing a great deal under 1 thousand and it will at least, I think, stop rising damp in the flat.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:42 pm