Damp - Internal injection
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
safcaph00
Labourer
Labourer

Damp - Internal injection

Post by safcaph00 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 am

Hello all

My neighbour popped round this week to tell me he has identified damp on the external rear wall of his property (adjacent to where I suspect problems also on my side) and that he is getting an internal injection treatment to the bricks (so that I should expect noise while they hack the plaster off).

Now 2 days into the work, they appear to be removing the plaster from the entire downstairs of his property - including the internal wall separating our two properties.

What does this indicate? Damp problems throughout - and if problems with his side of the internal dividing wall then I would assume that would be an issue for me too?

Any thoughts welcomed, cheers

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

damp

Post by welsh brickie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:11 pm

they are doing it as a matter of course there is probably damp through out the property.Doing the whole ground floor is easier now than hacking off sections of plaster and just injecting 1 area.

safcaph00
Labourer
Labourer

Re: damp

Post by safcaph00 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 am

welsh brickie wrote:they are doing it as a matter of course there is probably damp through out the property.Doing the whole ground floor is easier now than hacking off sections of plaster and just injecting 1 area.

Thanks mate, appreciated.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am