Damp on an internal wall of new property after decorating
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dhpatel
Labourer
Labourer

Damp on an internal wall of new property after decorating

by Dhpatel » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:06 am

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some advise.. I have had a builder decorate a house I have recently purchased and after two months of living in the house I have noticed ⁸some unexplainable issues with the skirting board and wall in one particular area.

I am not sure if this is damp but I am struggling to understand what the issue is here.. please see images attached.
Any advise what the issue is or recommendations on how to get this fixed would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dev
Attachments
20220427_110605.jpg
20220427_110311.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Damp on an internal wall of new property after decorating

by stoneyboy » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:41 pm

Hi dhpatel,
It is difficult to tell from your photos whether the skirting board has moved away from the wall or it has moved down the wall.
The most likely issue is that there is damp in the wall and the skirting board has bowed. Questions: is the skirting board in a ground floor room? Is the house an old one with solid walls? What is the skirting board made of - MDF or timber? Were the cracks in the wall existing ones?
Regards S

Dhpatel
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Damp on an internal wall of new property after decorating

by Dhpatel » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 pm

Hi,
Thank you for responding.

The skirting board has come away from the wall.
The skirting board is on ground level and it’s a 1930s build. The house has recently been re plastered and decorated, only 4 months old.
I have managed to look at the neighbours floor plan and it seems as though they have a bathroom on the opposite side of the wall.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:39 pm