Damp on Conservatory Wall Caused by Drying Clothes?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Awz1
Labourer
Labourer

Damp on Conservatory Wall Caused by Drying Clothes?

by Awz1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi All,

We moved into my semi-detached property about 2.5 years ago. Our property has a conservatory which is separated from the living room by some french doors. We have in the past been placing a clothes rack with clothes which have just come out of the washing machine. Over the past year or so, I have seen some damp on the wall from near where the clothes rack was stationed, although now it has been removed. The paint has flaked away, and has exposed the plaster underneath. It starts from near the floor and moves up. I was convinced it was caused by the wet clothes getting dry in the conservatory, but my wife thinks it may be due to a leak from the roof going into the brickwork or a burst pipe somewhere. Attached are some images, and ideas what this may be?

Ben
Attachments
image3.jpeg
image3.jpeg (28.44 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (28.36 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Damp on Conservatory Wall Caused by Drying Clothes?

by collectors » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:25 am

Clean the walls down & don't put your drying clothes in there for a while. & if possible put a dehumidifier in the closed room for a day or 2. Then see if it comes back. To me, it looks like rising damp.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:43 am