DAMP ON FRONT CORNER OF HOUSE??????
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
filnlil
Labourer
Labourer

DAMP ON FRONT CORNER OF HOUSE??????

by filnlil » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi major problem. Condensation or damp on gable end wall and corner of house. I have had this problem for 4 years and its now depresing me. :cry: Bought the house in 2002 and was told i needed a damp course so i had one done it was also replastered. Then in 2004 I found a wet patch in the corner of the gable end contacted damp proof guy who said that the plaster was knackered. Had the wall replastered (3 times in all) still got problem. Had another damp proof course done (Company name withheld as the Company have contacted DIY Doctor to say the job is still under warranty and they will do whatever is required to solve the problem) 2006/2007 still got problem. The pointing has been done,weather sealant has been put on outside wall,main water supply pipe has been checked and the guttering has been replaced. Now found droplets of water below the damp proofing along the bottom of the wall from one end to the other the plaster and the floor boards are soaking wet. The gable end wall and the corner is absolutely freezing. Also have had the dehumidifyer running constantly for 2 years. PLEASE HELP ME DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.

CHEERS
LORRAINE

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi

Have you checked out the DIY Projects section at all: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There are several projects related to damp and damp proofing that may offer you some assistance.

Regards

filnlil
Labourer
Labourer

by filnlil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:08 am

would cavity wall insulation work???

david mole
Labourer
Labourer

by david mole » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:48 pm

HI

HAD MMY HOUSE DONE ABOUT 6 WEEKS AGO AND GOT THIS CHAPS NUMBER FROM THIS SITE.

BASED IN NORFOLK BUT WORKS NATIONWIDE HE PRICED MY JOB FROM ANOTHER DAMP COMPANYS SURVEY AND THIS CHAP WAS NEARLY HELF THE PRICE.

VERY HAPPY WITH HIM GIVE HIM A GO

I CAN ASK MY WIFE FOR HIS NUMBER IF YOU WANT

GOOD LUCK

filnlil
Labourer
Labourer

by filnlil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks very much,waiting for a quote for cavity wall insulation dont need any more damp courses done had 2 already lol

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:47 am