damp patches on chimney breast.
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
tooly
Apprentice
Apprentice

damp patches on chimney breast.

Post by tooly » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 am

The property is a semi, built early 1930's. lived here about 12 months. renovating front room, it was in good order, but dated. having room re-plastered, and a log burner and fireplace installed by a pro' company. i've had the gas fire removed and removed the surround. also removed the wallpaper and skirting from the rest of the room. On the chimney breast, either side, starting about 6 inches from the front aperture we have found a couple of damp patches. I have checked using a detector the area and found it to be small about 12 inches square. The exposed brick from behind the skirting is also damp, but only localy bellow the damp area, it does'nt extend over a big area. The plaster in this area is in very good order, and the damp did'nt show through the wall paper. I can remove the plaster and seal the area and then have it re-plastered along with the rest of the room. I have checked the air bricks and they are ok, I could do with some help in resolving this problem. thankyou, tooly.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:19 am